Note. Given the lack to control the conversation, this component is not available for On-Demand webinars.
Worried about people talking over each other? By using the Group Chat component, attendees can chat directly with each other. The component can be configured to allow anonymity or attendees can choose to display their names.
Within Interface Builder, add the Group Chat component to your Interface. Select the Customize tab.
- Always Available: Select this option to make the Group Chat component available as soon as the attendees are allowed in the Audience Interface.
- During Live Webinar: This option makes the Group Chat component available when the webinar starts and not before.
Participant Name Display
- Full Name: The attendee's first and last name will be displayed.
- First Name: The attendee's first name will be displayed.
- First Name Last Initial: The attendee's first name and the first letter of their last name will be displayed.
The Group Chat pinned message will appear at the top of the component. This can be a call to action to encourage attendees to chat directly with each other. All attendees of the Group Chat can view the pinned messages.